Friday, May 13, 2016

Update to today

I about drove myself crazy trying to hold on until Steve could join me (and G) in North Carolina. Nothing worked out right for him to be able to come. He had a stroke on December 23rd and no one found him until I finally called the police to go by the house. They called me back to let me know he'd been taken to the hospital. I called his brother to let him know and packed quick, taking off for there in an hour! He didn't die in spite of the doctor's predictions.

After the stroke, he and I were stranded in GA for a full month. He was only home in NC for a week before I took him to the hospital again. He stayed for 3 days, and was then moved to Rehab for another month.

We've been home for 7 weeks and he's gone through as much out-patient rehab as Medicaid will pay for. It's been hard, but he's improving a bit each week. He's walking and talking and his mind is good. He's right-side weak but healed enough he can get into the shower and to the bathroom on his own, dress on his own, and feed himself.


My sister died in February from the cancer we thought she'd been healed from. It's been a hard few months. We have a tiny baby yet to see through to the end of her life - my sister's grand daughter. She was shaken by a parent and is brain dead. She's on life support and both parents are in jail. My heart aches for all the trials.

I can finally move back into my daily routines. I've knitted one sock. It's been slow going, but we are about through the tunnel. At least I can sit from time to time and go to church. 

No comments:

Post a Comment