Sunday, March 16, 2014

new things I have accomplished

Always crafting for me...
My youngest daughter is turning 23 and I made her 3 beanbag bunnies. Every year of her life, she has received bunnies from me. I know there is something inside her that says "MOM! I'm 23, bunnies again?" But she humors me. I also got her a sweet bunny shaped lamp for a night light, and a pair of lovely high heels from the thrift store. I need to get off my butt and make her requested earrings.

We keep an ear turned to local dog pound in case there is a young, large female who needs us. Each time we have let ourselves say yes, the dog has been adopted, which is right because we are poor. I know, responsibilities come with a price, but versus death? I think we can step up. Our two males are doing pretty darn well, considering.

G turned 18. My youngest baby...grown enough to vote. Grown enough to register with the military. Grown enough to really argue with me if he chose, and way taller than me. He still doesn't choose to learn to drive. One more year of High School left to finish. No prom. No year books on his shelf. No dates, or friends. He's the video game king with a 3.8 gpa. I don't know if this is good or bad. It just is. His sister thinks we should push him, but I think he's ok as is for a bit longer. We'll make sure he knows all the things he needs to know before he leaves us. Which he does plan to do... College cometh.

So, any moment now, my 5th grandchild is due to enter this world... a little boy already named Lex Dewey Westbrooks. His due date is today! We are all excited for his entrance. I just wish I were closer so I could meet him sooner. His mama is my oldest daughter, he is her second son. WOOT! I can't wait.

And before I forget, here are my projects since last I wrote. I'm working on a dragon hat for Haskell right now. It will be followed by one for Lex, then Declan and Isaac. I am planning Christmas gifts for them ;)







Certainly not least, my youngest sister (43) developed colon cancer and didn't follow up with the signals her body gave her - chalking the blood in her stools up to hemmoriods which are very prevalent in our family. She was just diagnosed with stage 4 colon cancer. While the mass in her colon was removed; the cancer in her liver, lungs and lymph system CAN'T BE. The doctors are going to help her prolong her life as long as they can using chemo - and even with it, they give her 2 years. Her youngest daughter is 4. The shock from this has rocked all of us to the core. Andee's girls are 25, 23, 10, 9 and 4. She has 8 grand children. She got married to the youngest's father on March 2nd. Of course they married in their church and the renewals of their life vows included promises between them and God. That didn't make my mother happy. She made her nasty holier than thou comments and left Andee without any comforfort as she retreated back into her african missionary work. She left us years ago and really, only pops in long enough to rub our emotions in her faithful perfection. It's a wonder any of her kids have any faith at all. Anyway...off of that topic. All I can do is be there for Andrea and her family as best as I can. I love her. She's funny and upbeat in a quirky negative way. She's unique. I hope she lives another 40 years!

No comments:

Post a Comment